To all the children at Joseph Hood
Good morning to you, Mrs Saville here!
I usually say good morning to you on the gate but since we can’t do that for the time being, I decided to send you an email instead. I won’t be able to do this every day but I will be thinking of you whilst the school is closed.
When you come to school each day, I know that you know exactly how to behave and make good choices (you are brilliant at it!) and I wanted to remind you that the same rules apply at home.
So, whilst we are apart, I would like you to remember to do the following things every day if you can manage it!
- Listen to your parents and carers and do what they say – like at school, all the rules are there to keep you safe and help you to learn. DON’T FORGET TO WASH YOUR HANDS!
- Be kind and thoughtful to others. Staying at home might feel frustrating at times but remember to try to do at least one good deed every day – it will make you feel great, I promise! (Remember how we encourage other in our assemblies and how we celebrate Acts of Random Kindness? You can do that at home too!)
- Make good choices. Think before you speak or act and remember to treat others as you would like them to treat you.
- Be thankful for all the good things you have and experience (a yummy lunch, being with your families, looking out the window and seeing fun shapes in the clouds, listening to birds singing, playing a game with your family….. there will be loads more!)
- Learn something every day. Whilst you are at home, I need you to keep learning! Maths, reading, writing, more reading, art, sports and read some more! Your parents may not be teachers (although some are) but they are there to help you.
- Remember this is a difficult time for both you and the grown-ups at home but also remember that you have lots to be thankful about.
- ALWAYS BE THE BEST THAT YOU CAN BE!
If you need to ask me anything, just send school an email or if you are in KS2 go onto the Google classroom-this will be up and running after Easter.
I look forward to hearing about all your home learning and can’t wait until we are all back at school, learning and playing together again.
With best wishes and lots of love,